I thought you might like to see the progression of a comic I made to the theme of ‘horse therapy’. This doesn’t show the process before the first image, which was a mixture of scratching my chin and pillaging google images for inspiration.
I worked hard on this one to keep the style quite loose in the beginning. This gave me the option to add detail in successive drafts without feeling locked in and meant I gave solid consideration to shape and design. I’m really happy with how it turned out.
Created from rough pencil through to finished page in Clip Studio 5 using a Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 inch. Here’s a bit of timelapse recording of it.